Please find below the minutes to our meetings.
Being a part of parent forum helps parents to support their child/ren through discussions about parents’ perspectives on current policy and practice and their input into decision making and planning for future provision. This platform enables school leaders, our wonderful Deputy Headteachers, a Governor representative and I to gather and record and wherever possible action your views to improve both schools in The Forest Federation.
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at The Forest Federation. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents/carers and to be a voice to inform our schools of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent's perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision. This takes place by regular communication with parents/carers and ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views.
- To support and promote children's learning.
- To help the school find out what parents/carers think about important issues.
- To involve parents/carers actively in school decisions.
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
- The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents/carers who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Deputy /Executive Headteacher.
- The parent forum's membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending The Forest Federation schools, All Saints, Rangemore and Needwood Primary School.
- We aim to have one or two representatives per year group. Relevant parents/carers nominate themselves as a potential Parent Forum Member and the parent with the most votes in each class will be appointed. (A ballot will not be undertaken if there are 2 or less nominations).
- Members of the federation leadership team and a representative of the governing body also attend meetings. - there will be at least one of the Federation leadership team (Executive Headteacher or Deputy Headteachers) in attendance.
- Membership is for one school year.
- A parent can represent only one year group.
Key Responsibilities of Parent Forum Members
- To seek feedback and suggestions from as many parents/carers as possible from their respective year group and to relay the outcomes from the Parent Forum as appropriate.
- To attend Parent Forum meetings representing the views of all parents/carers in their respective year group half termly (6 times a year)
- To work closely with parallel members to ensure coverage of all parents/carers in that year group.
Meetings and reporting
- Parent forum meetings are held every half term.
- The Federation leadership team ensure that meetings are scheduled and dates and venues are presented in the newsletter.
- The agenda is prepared in advance of the meeting and circulated by email or where necessary in a child’s school bag. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and federation leadership team for discussion.
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion.
- Minutes are posted to the school website for all parents/carers to view with copies available from the school
office upon request. They are presented in the newsletter.
Meetings run to time and active participation is sought from all representatives